TRX Suspension Training Workout
Posted on | June 2, 2010 | Comments Off
The workout utilizes a fun and effective method of exercise called Suspension Training. You can learn more about the weight resistance technique right here. Suspension Training has been embraced by professional athletic teams, mixed martial artists, and physical therapists alike. TRX exercises offer several benefits over traditional resistance training methods:
- Every exercise is functional. Unlike many machines and free weight exercises, this form of exercise engages the core muscles and trains the body for real life scenarios.
- It allows you to rapidly transition from one exercise into the next, adding a significant cardiovascular element and burning more calories.
- It is suitable for people of almost any fitness level, since the resistance for each exercise is self- selected.
- It improves flexibility, balance, and stability through hundreds of dynamic movements.
No reservations necessary. Just come on put and join the program.
What to bring: Comfortable shoes and clothes, a workout mat (if you don’t like the grass), and a bottle of water. Twelve TRX’s are available. Bring your own or come early to guarantee your spot!
- Where: Reid Park Soccer field at the southeast corner, 1100 S. Randolph Way Tucson, az 85716 (520) 309-0065 ((the Soccer field next to the Reid Park Zoo)
- When: Thursday mornings, from June 3, 2010 – August 12, 2010. 6:30 AM – 7:15 AM
- How much: Free and open to the public.
–Posted by Hortense P. Tightwad
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email.